Monday, October 22, 2012

Write On! {Nonfiction} Graphic Organizer Freebie

Hey y'all! Hope today was great! 
I LOVE this time of year...my firsties finally know to put their papers in the zebra basket {HA!}, Daily Five and Math Work Stations are running smoothly, and all of our classroom routines are automatic...be still my heart! :)

I HEART using can-have-are charts in my classroom. I like that it gives firsties support with organizing their thoughts, as well as varying sentence structure, when writing nonfiction. I find myself reaching for these for almost every unit! So, I decided to put together a collection of can-have-are charts that I use throughout the year! My unit includes 53 graphic organizers and coordinating lined paper with 4 lines. 

The following topics are included in this unit:

FALL {Apples, Leaves, Pumpkins, Scarecrows, Bats, Owls, 

Spiders, Cats}

DINOSAURS {Bones, Dinosaurs}

FARM {Pigs, Sheep, Horses, Cows, Farmers}

THANKSGIVING {Turkeys, Corn, Pilgrims}

CHRISTMAS {Reindeer}

WINTER {Snowflakes, Snowmen}

HEARTS {Hearts}

WEATHER {Rainbows, Clouds, Raindrops, Tornados}

SPRING {Clovers}

EASTER {Chicks, Eggs, Rabbits}

INSECTS {Butterflies, Ladybugs, Caterpillars, Bees}

SPACE {Stars, Planets, Rockets, Astronauts}

OCEAN {Crabs, Octopus, Fish, Seahorses, Sharks, Dolphins, 

Shells}

RAINFOREST {Monkeys, Iguanas, Parrots, Toucans, Frogs}

PLANTS {Seeds, Flowers, Plants, Trees}

I will be adding more shortly...please let me know which ones you need in your classroom! 

Click on the pic below to check it out! This unit will be 20% off until Wednesday, October 24. 



Download the preview from TpT for a freebie! If you are not a member on TpT, sign up for free!



The freebie includes a graphic organizer for bats and owls, as well as coordinating paper with lines!


Have a great week, y'all!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Great job! Love it!Thank You!

Ashley
The Teacher's Treasure Chest

Mrs. Wright said...

Very Nice! Thanks :)

First Grade Journal

Lisa R. said...

So cute!! Thank you! :)
Lisa
Learning Is Something to Treasure

Busy Bees said...

Looks great!
BusyBees

Unknown said...

There are terrific! I love the simplicity and once they know how to use them... it's a daily 5 score! :)
- Michele
MULTIAGE MOMENTS

KingHawk said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment

 
Pin It button on image hover