Thursday, March 29, 2012

Looky in my Lunchbox Linky Party! :)

Now THIS is my kind of party! I love bags... LOTS of them...most with a monogram {I am a good Southern girl!} I also really love food! Like, really, really love it! As my sister says, "Nom, nom, nom!"

Here is my lunch bag:
I really like the new Vera lunch bag because it fits a Tupperware container! I LOVE to take leftovers about 2 or 3 days a week! I am counting my calories on the MyFitness Pal app on my iPhone, so I love that the calories have already been calculated for the meal the night before, and I just enter it again for lunch the next day! SCORE!

The other days, I will take a Lean Cuisine, or a salad. I also love egg salad in a pita with some fruit on the side! YUM! I have a Pinterest board {Lovely Lunches} that I love to pin to...but let's be serious, I have not made any of those yet! BUT I have made some dinners from Pinterest and this was one of my faves:



DELISH!!! It is basically spinach and artichoke dip over pasta! How does that sound???? It has light cream cheese so it isn't too high on the calorie count! It heats up really well the next day! I am suddenly starving...which is unfortunate because I already ate dinner!

Now...onto the actual lunch time! My class eats at 11:05 am, which is a good, normal time! I eat with my kiddos in the lunchroom. Well, let me be specific, I eat at the teacher table in the lunchroom, which is directly next to my class table! I spend the 30 minutes directing them through the lunch line, making sure they type their lunch number on the keypad correctly, opening ketchup packets, peeling applesauce and pudding tops off, and raising my eyebrows {which is giving me severe wrinkles, by the way!} to redirect their behavior from the teacher table. I have about 15 - 20 minutes to sit down and eat, and then it's time to get my kiddos to clean off our tables and throw everything away. I have to say, this was the HARDEST part of my day when I moved to my new school from Georgia. We had a 30 minute duty free lunch every day there. It was a bit of a culture shock at first, but now I don't really notice it much! HA! The positive is that I get to see and catch up with my old grade level Kinder friends!

Join in the party! :) Link up with Tara at 4th Grade Frolics!


TG-almost-F!!!!!

10 comments:

Jennifer said...

Very cute lunch bag!!

Jennifer
The First Grade Dream

Unknown said...

Yum! And I love bags, too!!
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies

Cupcake said...

Ah I couldn't imagine having to eat lunch in the lunchroom! Hats off to you!
❤Teri
A Cupcake for the Teacher

Kelly said...

I am a new follower- you have a really cute blog! I need to check out your Daily 5 tab. I can't believe you have to eat in the lunchroom every day!! You think they could do a rotation or something! Yikes!

Kelly
Kindergarten Kel

Jill said...

Your bag IS really cute!! I like it a lot more than the old Vera lunch bag. And thanks for sharing that recipe; it looks AMAZING!!

Marvelous Multiagers!

The Daily Alphabet said...

I'm addicted to Vera Bradley!!!! They know me when I come in the store!!!

Angela
The Daily Alphabet

Kristin said...

That dinner pasta looks amazing!!! I love spinach artichoke anything so I have to try this recipe!!!
A teacher table? In the cafeteria? With the kids? Is this some kind of social experiment???? No wonder you had culture shock. I would have to have ELECTRIC shock therapy to get over having lunch "near" my kids every day.
A Teeny Tiny Teacher

Jodi said...

Love that bag! And, I feel for you having to eat in the cafeteria. We have a duty free lunch. PTL!

Jodi
fun-in-first.blogspot.com

Laura said...

Love the bag and the pasta! YUM!


Laura
Peace, Love, and First Grade

Tara said...

OHMYWORD!!!! LOVE Vera Bradley and LOVE LOVE that new pattern. I got a cover for my Nook in that pattern. Thanks for linking up:) Your lunch looked amazing!!!! I would cry if I had to eat in the cafeteria, although I feel we are moving in that direction....it's just tooooo noisy and over stimulating!!! I need my quiet time!!!
4th Grade Frolics

Post a Comment

 
Pin It button on image hover