Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Teacher Talk Tuesday!

Just got back from seeing The Help....LOVE! So amazing! GO SEE IT NOW...or maybe this weekend! :) Which brings me to the topic of today's post...teacher talk time!

~ Ask for HELP! Don't try to do it all alone! :) And...GO SEE THE MOVIE!

~ Keep yourself happy! :) Go see a movie (The Help, perhaps??!!), drink Diet Sunkist (or Sonic Coke for those of you who can't seem to get enough), get a pedicure, read a good (non teacher related!!!) book, soak in the tub, WHATEVS! You HAVE to be a happy person to be a happy teacher! Haven't you heard the saying..."If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!" SO TRUE!!!

~ Be friends with the office staff, lunchroom workers, and custodians! They WILL save your life one day soon! :)

~ LOVE YOUR BABIES! Praise, praise, praise! I can't say enough about positive reinforcement! It works, people! (for parents and students alike!)

~ Embrace teachable moments! Go to Plan B if needed! Teaching is ALL ABOUT flexibility...which I am not great at (I'm a BIT Type A) :)

~ Write EVERYTHING down! :) It is just too much to keep in our brains! Make to do lists!! I get the BEST feeling from crossing things off my list...don't you???

~ Did I already say positive reinforcement?? Well, I'll say it again! It is THAT important! :)

Link up to Blog Hoppin to join in the party! :)

4 comments:

Ginger Snaps said...

I loved the Help! I read the book with my book club and then went to see the movie. It was the best I've seen in a while.

Also, thanks for sharing your advice! I have loved reading what everyone has to say!

Unknown said...

So, I'm guessing I need to go see The Help? :)

Jessica said...

I love your take on keeping yourself happy!!! =) hehehe And I can't wait to see that movie!!! I have to wait til payday though! =(

Rachel said...

AMEN to taking time for yourself. I am so bad about that sometimes. Sometimes you just a NEED a pedi and a fountain soda, or maybe even some popcorn from the front of Target (that's one of my guilty pleasures!).

PS...saw The Help the day it came out and LOVED it!!

Post a Comment

 
Pin It button on image hover