Friday, November 4, 2011

Seashells by the Seashore

TGIF, my friends! Ahhh....Seashells by the Seashore! I SO WISH I was at the shore. Instead...I am in my fleece pajamas, Cherry Coke Zero and Bagel Bites by my side, and TiVo remote in hand! :) You know you’re getting old when…haha! But seriously, this is HEAVEN {if I can't be at the beach}!


Considering the climatic Halloween rush, quickly followed by the post Halloween meltdown that always ensues on November 1, we had a great week! Our word study was digraph /sh/. We read Shelly’s New Shoes {LOVE Phonics Tales ~ always so perfect for a sub!} and completed a word sort activity.


Click {here} to check out my Seashells by the Seashore Digraph /sh/ Word Work activities on TpT.


In Writing, we are still focusing on Descriptive Writing. This week, we focused on using color words to make our writing more interesting. We started off the week with Abby’s presh crayon box activity. Then, we used books such as My Many Colored Days, The Crayon Box That Talked, and A Bad Case of Stripes during our mini lessons, always pausing to point out and discuss color words.


Still pounding away on Fact Families in Math and the Human Body in Science…nothing noteworthy there. Can’t wait to wrap it up next week so we can begin busting out the turkeys!!! :)


Have a FAB, FALL weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Pin It button on image hover