Sunday, September 1, 2013

Final Spotlight Series post and Curriculum Map

Hiiiiiiii!!!!! 
I am SO SORRY I kind of bailed on the Schedule Spotlight series!!! Well, not kind of. I actually did bail on the series. For real. :(  Note to self - do not have linky party or blog series leading up to the first week of school! Y'all were so sweet to check on me - I am alive and well! :) 

And thank you to the sweet soul who pointed out that I actually have to PUBLISH the scheduled post for it to actually post!! Sheesh - how did I miss that?!?

I had two posts left: one was Social Studies and Science and the last one was packing up procedures! 
The packing up procedure post was just to round up to 10 posts for the series...so I am just going to nix that one, mkay?

Let's call this the Social Studies and Science post!
I also wanted to share the curriculum map that my first grade team is using this school year. 
We use the enVision Math series {aligned with Common Core} and the McGraw Hill Wonders reading series {aligned with Common Core}. 
This is our plan so far! If you have any questions about any of the units of study, please email me at castlesandcrayons@gmail.com.




My favorite resources for teaching Social Studies and Science are:

Brain Pop, Jr. 


Y'all know how much I love Annie and Moby!

BookFlix

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! This is expensive but worth it!!! 


Teachers Pay Teachers


Duh and duh! Can't get enough of the cute units and crafts! 
LOVE, LOVE, LOVED this All About Me book from Ashley Sanderson - just perfect for our Marvelous Me unit last week! 


Books, books, and more books! :) I  read a book every afternoon to begin our Social Studies and Science lesson! 

Enjoy the rest of your long weekend! 
Stay tuned for the next Phonics word work unit to be posted on TpT and a math freebie! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Pin It button on image hover